I want to share a quick message with you and give you scriptural evidence on what it means to be born again. There is a common misconception in Christianity today that the moment one believes in Jesus he/she is born again. Even though this has truth to it, it is plainly obvious that not everyone who believes in Jesus is born again or a child of God. There is a start difference between those with genuine faith and those who have not the faith of Christ. Remember the parable of the seed and the 4 grounds it was dropped on. Below are some scriptural evidences of being born again.
1) You love the brethren- 1Jn 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
2) You love the Word of God- 2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
3) You fear God and understand His Holiness- Pro 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
4) Does not commit sin, keeps himself, and overcomes the world- 1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 1Jn 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. 1Jn 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
5) He practices righteousness- 1Jn 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. 1Jn 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
These are a few things that you should have and believe. You have been called by God separated from the world. Called unto Holiness. You cannot afford to believe lies or any error. You will discern truth from error. Jesus means everything to you. You will bear fruit unto God to perfection. Grow in grace and love and may the Lord Jesus bless you today.